There’s nothing quite like a nice, fresh peach on a hot summer afternoon. Luckily for us, peach season is officially here, and there are plenty of places on the Main Line to pick up this delectable treat. Read on to get the details on the Main Line Peach Festivals happening this year, and what else you can expect when you get there!
Below, you’ll also find a list of all the Main Line farmers’ markets that are going on this year, in case you want to pick up some fresh peaches (or basically anything else) but don’t have time to attend a festival.
Looking for more fun things to do on the Main Line this August? Check out my events calendar for a more complete list of activities and events our lovely area has to offer.
Linvilla Orchards Peach Festival
Proclaimed by the staff to be their favorite festival of the whole year, the Linvilla Orchards Peach Festival is happening this year on Saturday, August 3rd, with all the bells and whistles they always reserve for their harvest fests. The day will feature peach picking, of course, and picking of other fruits and vegetables is also welcome.
(If you’re less interested in picking produce and more interested in catching yourself some dinner, fishing at the lake is open for that day as well!)
Don’t want to have to wait until you get home to taste the delicious produce Linvilla has to offer? You don’t need to! The orchard’s Roasty Toasty will be in attendance, roasting up delicious, fresh, perfect-for-summer ears of corn from 11am to 4pm.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a Linvilla Festival without plenty of fun for the kids. Costumed characters Handyman Rob, Bouncing Tiger, and the Little Yellow One-Eyed dude will be in attendance, making appearances at different times throughout the day to have fun with the kiddos. Silly Joe, kids’ MC extraordinaire, will also be there to mix song and storytelling and create a whole lot of fun for everyone.
There will also be face painting, hayrides, barnyard animals to pet, pony rides, and train rides, music, and games.
On top of the festival, all of Linvilla’s usual attractions will also be available to enjoy. Visit the Garden Center for all of your home and garden needs, or the market to pick up a little something special to enjoy later (if you can still carry it after picking all those peaches!) If you get hungry, the Linvilla Grill is always open, and if you get thirsty, so are Ship Bottom Beer Garden and Harvest Ridge Winery.
Peddler’s Village Peach Festival and Sidewalk Sale
If you love peaches AND shopping, then you’ll definitely want to check out the Peddler’s Village Peach Festival and Sidewalk Sale. This rain or shine event begins Friday, August 9th and extends through Sunday, August 11th, and all local shops in the village will be open until 8pm on Friday and Saturday.
Features of the festival include:
- Locally grown peaches from Bechdolt’s Orchards of Bucks County and peach baked goods at Lucky Cupcake Company’s Village bakery.
- A variety of peach pies, peach butters, artisanal jams and Peach Festival signature merchandise at the Village General Store.
- Live bands, kids’ crafts, and family activities.
- Savory and sweet peach treats from outdoor carts as well as inside the restaurants and shops.
- Bargains in clothing, accessories, home goods, gifts, art, toys, books, specialty foods, and more.
The festival is free to attend, however Peddler’s Village is offering a Peach Festival Package that gives guests guaranteed parking and priority restaurant seating (up to a party of six) at Peddler’s Village restaurants, as well as a Peddler’s Village bag, Peddler’s Village T-shirt, a Local & Loyal Rewards Card and Festival Guide. These passes are $30 and can be purchased on the festival website.
Passes aren’t the only thing you may want to purchase in advance! The Village Store’s double-crusted peach pies sell out fast, so if you want to guarantee yourself a pie, they do take pre-orders on their website as well.
Other Options: Local Farmers’ Markets
If you want fresh peaches but don’t really feel like attending a festival or picking them yourself, there are plenty of local farmers’ markets on the Main Line that will be sure to provide you with fresh, delicious, locally grown peaches.
Here is a list of all the Main Line farmers markets:
- Ardmore Farmers Market. Suburban Square. Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sunday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Booth’s Corner Farmers Market. Garnet Valley. Fridays, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Bryn Mawr Farmers Market. Lancaster Ave. Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Downingtown Farmers Market. Kerr Park. Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- East Goshen Farmers Market. East Goshen Park. Thursdays, 3 – 7 p.m.
- Lancaster County Farmers Market. Wayne. Wednesday and Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Lansdowne Farmers Market. Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Market at the Fareway. Germantown. Thursdays and Fridays, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturdays, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Media Farmers Market. Thursdays, 3 – 7 p.m.
- Oakmont Farmers Market. Havertown. Wednesdays, 3 – 7 p.m.
- Phoenixville Farmers Market. Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Spring Mill Farmers Market. Conshohocken. Sundays, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- West Chester Growers’ Market. Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.