The train station has been undergoing some renovations that are going to lead to some big and very impressive changes.
The project will be completed in 3 phases.
Phase one “Paoli Intermodal Transportation Center” is the beginning of the project. Phase one will bring the train station into compliance with the 2006 Department of Transportation. In addition, the accessibility standards will also be met to the Americans with disabilities acts standards. Once phase one is completed the station will be in full ADA compliance and accessible for all users.
Phase One of the project will include:
- New center high level platform
- Pedestrian Overpass
- Parking Lot improvements
- ADA improvements to the existing station building
- Improvements to the existing rail infrastructure
Phase two of the project is known as “Paoli Transportation Center Highway Improvements Project”. In addition, phase two of the project will include:
- Replacing existing bright on North Valley Road which crosses over Amtrak and Septa rail lines
- New bridge that will redirect roadway to the intersection of Lancaster Avenue and Darby Road
Phase three is the “intermodal station and parking garage” will include:
- Additional high-level platform on the outbound side
- New waiting area
- Ticket offices
- Additional Passenger amenities
- Enhanced bus facilities
- 600+ space commuter parking garage
- Possible retail storefronts